We are a small startup with big ambitions.
Full Stack Web Developer
Full-time - Remote
GooseChase is a rapidly growing, fully remote web and mobile platform for creating and facilitating scavenger hunts. Through our website, organizers create custom "hunts" specific to their events / activities. Teams and/or individuals compete in the hunt by using our iOS or Android app to: take photos/videos, enter a text response, and/or visit a specific location.
The key technologies we use are:
- Back-End: Django, REST (Tastypie), Task Queuing (Celery, Redis, RabbitMQ), Postgres, Nginx, Gunicorn.
As a Full Stack Web Developer, you’ll have the opportunity to create new, exciting features for our user base of game organizers and game participants. You will work directly with our design team to bring feature mock-ups to life, delighting our users and ensuring the delivery of high-quality code that focuses on reliability and performance.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Being familiar and up-to-date with the platform functionality (online game manager & participant mobile apps).
- Working with our customer success & design teams to understand the motivations for a feature & coding it with those objectives and the user's experience in mind. Put another way, we want you to know why you are doing what you’re doing!
- Developing the front and back-end components for new features that will help game organizers run games more effectively while delighting participants in new and unexpected ways.
- Participating as a member of the development team - contributing to PR reviews, sharing learnings so the rest of the team can improve, etc.
- Working under limited supervision with significant latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
The candidate for this position must be:
- At an intermediate to advanced level in both front-end and back-end web/application development (can be personal projects and/or work experience).
- Strong command of programming best practices in an autonomous and collaborative work.
- Able to take ownership of work, maintaining high standards of performance, reliability & security.
- An excellent communicator, problem solver, and creative thinker.
Although not required, it would be a big plus if the candidate had past experience:
- Working with React & Django.
- Experience and/or interest in mobile development.
- Working with smaller teams, especially in a remote setting.
- Fully remote work - work whenever/wherever/however you want.
- Competitive compensation & benefits, including stipends for equipment, co-working spaces, etc.
- Join a company that is profitable & growing quickly, but still prioritizes doing the right thing over everything else.
- Significant learning opportunities - whether it’s learning about other parts of the business or taking on more responsibility, we expect everyone on the team to be continually looking to grow.
Interested? Drop us a line with your CV!Apply Now